14th May 2020
Although some restrictions have been lifted, we still need to adhere to social distancing, non-essential journeys, and only having occupants in our homes. As such we will remain closed until it is safe to open, and we are able to perform home checks.
When we do reopen, we will not be opening our kennels for viewing and will only allow visitors on a pre booked appointment basis. This is to ensure that social distancing can be maintained.
Do not visit the centre without an appointment.
If you are interested in adopting a dog, please
1. Submit a pre-adoption form to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com If you do not have access to the internet please contact the centre and we will complete a form over the phone.
2. A dog carer will contact you closer to the time of reopening. If the application meets the needs of the dog we would then send you the dogs assessment to review. If the application does not meet the dogs needs or we have already received a suitable application we will let you know and request that you keep an eye on the website for another suitable dog.
3. When you receive the assessment review fully and email any questions back to firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com . The dog carer will then contact you and answer your questions.
4. If you are happy with the responses and would like to meet the dog, we will then arrange an appointment, appointments will be daily between 2-3.45 except Thursdays.
5. Please arrive at your appointed time and wait in your car a member of staff will come out to you (maintaining social distancing to check you in) The dog carer will then get the dog out of kennels for you and give you a lead for you to take the dog for an offsite walk – we will not have facilities onsite for you to have indoor meetings.
6. If you wish to reserve the dog at this stage, you can do. Normal adoption process will apply from here as detailed on the 10 steps to adoption.